Chris Bosh is my favorite player in the world. I really liked him when he was a Raptor but when he decided to come down here to Miami and play for my hometown Heat, it was settled forever. I knew he was an artist, since he studied Graphic Design at Georgia Tech before entering the NBA. I knew he had charisma, since I had laughed myself to tears seeing some of his off-court stunts. I knew he was an All-Star caliber shooter, from his previous years in the league, yet I had no idea how cool Chris Bosh actually is. These are six reasons he is, and will always be, my favorite player in the world.
6. Chris Bosh is really funny. He has a deep intelligence that is always looking to make people smile. He has become the most hilarious photobomber that the NBA has ever seen. Even when he is not hanging out with Will Ferrell, Chris Bosh is a barrel. Of laughs.
5. Chris Bosh is really inspirational. Any celebrity that has the cajones to get their lucky socks stolen on the Disney Channel will cause a nation full of young people to shoot for the stars. Anybody that has their own action figure will be a deserving target of awe in our modern society of pop culture pandemonium. Any man whose wife is happy to retweet a student drawing of her husband for the whole world to celebrate is a top shelf human being.
4. Chris Bosh has a really wonderful wife. Adrienne Bosh is a glowing example of the best that life has to offer. Her style is impeccable, her light shines incredibly brightly, and she shares her positivity with the whole world through her #TodayICan movement on Twitter. I painted a portrait called “Bosh in Venice”, and I had the good fortune to give it to Chris and Adrienne for Christmas. Not only did they love it, she also tweeted it out for everyone else to see! Following @MrsAdrienneBosh is a truly uplifting experience. Each day glows brighter thanks to her.
3. Chris Bosh is really good at basketball. His NBA career has him headed to the Hall of Fame. The thing that proved to me how truly special he is, however, came when he finally broke my own personal Heat Playoff jinx. See, I can only afford to attend one playoff game per season. Every time I had a ticket in the past, the Heat lost. Glen Rice, Steve Smith, Timmy Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Shaquille O’Neal, and Dwyane Wade all had been defeated by my bad luck. Then came Chris Bosh. Not only did he help win the game I attended in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Chicago Bulls, he had the best playoff game of his career! It was the most impressive performance I have ever seen in person.
2. Chris Bosh is really kind. My husband and I have been blessed with the opportunity to be volunteers for the Bosh charity foundation called Team Tomorrow Inc, and it is amazing to see how much happiness and good will can be created in our community. This year’s Christmas event with Santa Bosh gave a bountiful holiday to over a hundred local kids who were treated to a joyous party full of presents, along with a chance to share the love of the season with my favorite player in the world.
1. Chris Bosh is a really important part of our hometown World Champion Miami Heat. His value is obvious, but it cannot be measured. He is an integral part of the Big Three, especially since he takes the most heat from the media. He brings a steadying influence and an added level of intelligence, along with the best midrange jumpshot in the game. He is Chris Bosh, and he is my favorite player in the world. Having him on our team feels like Christmas, every day of the year.